- Formulate efficient operational programs that maximize machine utilization and product quality to assure customer expectations are met.
- Complete and maintain the program documentation and file system.
- Be responsive to the short-term needs of the shop to keep the NC machines running at 100?ficiency.
- Contribute to the cost reduction program by actively seeking and reporting opportunities for reduced costs.
- Maintain awareness of new ideas in processes, tools, methods, etc. and apply them effectively to NC manufacturing.
- Develop and maintain open communication with all personnel in include accepting suggestions and instruction.
- Responsible for coordinating with the Manufacturing Engineer to update routers for part programs created or modifie
- Perform other work related tasks as assigned.
- Comply with all NOV Company and HSE policies and procedures.
FACILITY/GROUP SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creation of solid models for use in machine programing
- Creation of machine programs for Horz. Lathes, VTL’s,Turning,
- Work with Manf Engr and Machinist to prove out programs.
- Create and maintain our program database, revising programs with most current revisions.
- Assit in Quoting new parts
- Develop and maintain part specific tooling list.
- Design and Assist in the design of fixturing.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Diploma/B.E in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in CAM Programming
- Must be proficient with CAM softwares (SolidCAM preffered)
- Proficient in CAD softwares such as Solid works, Autocad, ProE etc
- Must have in-depth understanding of machining operations, (turning, boring, milling, drill & tap)
- Experience with creating solid models from drawings for use in programing is desirable.
- Hands on experience working in Machine shops with Lathes and mills is desireable.
Salary: Not disclosed
Industry: Construction / Engineering / Cement / Metals
Functional Area: Mechanical Engineering
Role Category: Others
Employment Type: Full time