- The Economics teacher will be responsible for teaching Economics in Key Stage 4 & 5 (age group 14-18).
- The successful candidate will be a qualified teacher and a postgraduate in Economics from a reputed University.
- The incumbent should have experience of teaching in an international school offering the IGCSE/IB curriculum.
- A minimum of 5 years of teaching experience (with secondary students) in reputed schools is desirable.
- The candidate should have excellent spoken and written English.
- Teachers create a warm fostering environment in the classroom that facilitates learning.
- Teachers help impart knowledge to their students as per the defined curriculum.
- Teachers mentor and nurture students and role model desirable progressive social attitudes and behaviour.
- Teachers work closely with other teachers in their Curriculum Area, their Assistant Curriculum and Curriculum Leaders, Key Stage Leaders and other the school leadership to ensure optimal student learning and teaching.
Key Accountabilities :
- Plan appropriately using knowledge and understanding of School Context.
- Keep abreast of contemporary pedagogical approaches and work to implement best practice.
- Possess appropriate content knowledge.
- Have an understanding of students’ needs and abilities and design appropriate learning experiences.
- Identify appropriate learning outcomes for students.
- Plan and implement effective assessment for/of learning which enhances outcomes for students.
- Create a respectful classroom environment.
- Establish an effective rapport with students and colleagues.
- Establish a culture for learning.
- Establish and maintain effective classroom management.
- Manage individual student behaviour.
- Manage physical space.
- Support students socially, emotionally and academically.
- Reinforce and reward positive behaviours. Teaching and learning:
- Communicate clearly.
- Use effective questioning and discussion techniques.
- Engage and motivate students in their learning.
- Provide feedback to students in a timely and developmental fashion.
- Meet individual needs through effective differentiation.
- Appreciate the diversity of TBS cultures and be sensitive to the needs and perceptions of the international community.
- Reflect on teaching and learning to improve practice.
- Maintain accurate records.
- Know and understand school policies.
- Communicate with stakeholders in a timely fashion.
- Contribute to student life.
- Contribute to professional learning networks where appropriate.
- Grow and develop professionally within School context.
- Show professionalism at all times with all stakeholder groups.
- Support colleagues.
- Put the needs of students first.
- Meet all deadlines.
- Understand and work to implement the school’s mission and values.
- Maintain high ethical standards and display integrity at all times.
- Personal Attributes :
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Behaviour management skills.
- Passion for teaching.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Willingness to take on added responsibilities.
- Qualified teacher with a graduate degree. Master’s degree preferred.
- Ability to engage students a cross ability ranges.
- Preferably 3 + years teaching experience in an international school.
Salary: Not disclosed
Industry: Education / Teaching / Training
Functional Area: Others
Role Category: Others
Employment Type: Full time