- Practice safe working techniques and re-enforce the safety policies, guidelines, and procedures as set out by the Company.
- Provide daily guidance and direction in EHS programs at the employee/supervisor level to ensure a common and effective approach;
- Responsible for assisting in the identification of possible losses; evaluating the risk in such loss exposure; developing and implementing a plan to correct or prevent a loss and audit the plan to ensure its effectiveness.
- Ensure that contractor personnel working on the property are in compliance with Panama policies and safety requirements.
- Maintain and update as needed SOP’s for all safe work practices and equipment and utilize them in the day to day training.
- Provide advice, assist, and audit line management to ensure that effective EHS is implemented and working.
- Perform and contribute to the Site Training Plans by conducting employee orientations; emergency response training; and coordination of modular training programs for the Operation & Maintenance.
- Ensure inspections by regulatory agencies, investors are coordinated and deficiencies minimized and corrected.
- Coordinate with Operation and Maintenance Head, Operation and Maintenance -Manager and Manager EHS on facility deficiencies and
- Assist with maintaining the Site Preparedness and Emergency Plans & Procedures.
- Responsible for coordinating regulatory programs and its applications and help support the compliance process; supporting and providing relief for the environmental department.
- Accountable for researching and writing permit applications and work with environmental group/ EHS consultant and be compliant in completing permit reporting requirements.
- Review accidents and incidents which occur in the area of responsibility and conduct field audits, reporting and managing the corrective actions.
- Maintain filing systems regarding worker training and safety;
- Maintain working relationships with Regulatory Agencies and chair or co- chair and lead the Safety Committee for the Operation.
- Manage Team Base Risk Assessments and the process and regularly conduct training needs analysis.
- Lead the Emergency Response Team and comply with all Company policies and procedures.
- The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
- Travel to site including to corporate and operational offices as required and perform any additional duties as required.
Salary: Not disclosed
Industry: Any / Others
Functional Area: Top management
Role Category: Others
Employment Type: Full time